- Operates as the principal salesperson in the restaurant and ensures that guests are accorded high level of customer care.
- Ensures that the tables are well arranged and wiped before set-up is done.
- Ensures that the cutlery and crockery used by the guests are clean and properly polished.
- Sorts and polishes all menus before presenting them to the guests.
- Ensures that the glasses used for serving guests are clean and well-polished.
- Promptly and courteously takes orders for food and beverage from guests, posts the same in the POS and serve accordingly.
- Confirm food and beverage orders as per the restaurant service guidelines.
- Accurately records, pre-checks and picks-up all food and beverage orders as per the restaurants service guidelines
- Have a thorough understanding and knowledge of all food and beverage items on the menu and be able to recommend Food and Beverage combinations and up sell alternatives.
- Informs and explains all the day’s specials and makes suggestions on food & beverage items to the guests.
- Up-sell or promote all specials as well as promoting slow moving items.
- Draws a table plan for orders taken on each table.
- Follows the right procedures when serving wines.
- Ensures that the guest orders are served correctly (as per the guests’ specifications).
- Makes follow up on all orders posted.
- Keeps the guests informed of new developments in case of any delays.
Skills & Qualifications
- Must have a Degree in Hospitality Management
- Atleast 3 years’ experience in the hospitality industry in a similar role preferably in a fast-paced establishment
- Hospitality certification is a plus.
- Excellent reading, verbal and written English skills.
- Excellent personal hygiene and grooming habits.
- Customer service oriented with a lively, energetic, and outgoing personality.
- Well-organized and detail oriented.
- Be able to remain rational and calm under pressure.
- Be able to stand or walk for an extended period.
To apply for this job please visit www.corporatestaffing.co.ke.