Banque Misr is a Leading Bank in Egypt with an African – Asian Vision; it is among the top commercial banking institutions in the Middle East and Northern Africa (MENA) region. The bank has partners across businesses, divisions and regions to create innovative solutions to meet the needs of their clients. The bank has also diversified their portfolio by heavily investing in several industries including textiles,airlines, insurance and entertainment.
The bank is currently setting up in Djibouti.
Reporting to the Deputy Branch Manager support function, the Teller is mandated with processing and recording routine transactions accurately and efficiently including cashing checks, accepting deposits and withdrawals, processing loan payments and money transfers for the customers. The incumbent shall also promote and advises on the bank’s products and services.
- Receive and count working cash at beginning of the shift and identify customers, validates and cash checks.
- Perform specialized tasks such as preparing cashier’s checks, money orders, exchanging foreign currency and other related tasks.
- Record all transactions promptly, accurately and in compliance with bank procedures.
- Balance currency, cash and cheques in cash drawer at end of each shift.
- Handle inquiries regarding bank products and services received from clients and walk in customers.
- Resolve issues and problems with customers’ accounts.
- Ensure compliance with all internal controls, applied policies and procedures
- Ensure transactions that are processed are error-free
- Ensure adherence at all times to the stipulated turnaround time to process and finalize transactions.
- Adhere to SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures) & Anti Money Laundry policies of the bank.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration or other business-related fields
- Fluent Arabic & French and has a good Command of English
- At least One(1) year banking experience
- Strong Customer Service Orientation
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret numerical data
- Ability to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, or members of the business community.
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Integrity and loyalty
- Strong team work skills
To apply for this job please visit jobs.adeptsystems.co.ke.