Braeburn Schools is a group of 16 co-educational international schools spread over 9 campuses providing world class teaching of the British National Curriculum and GCE A-Levels to over 3,600 pupils. Our schools actively value and celebrate diversity, nurturing personal growth by providing a friendly and supportive environment.
Scope of Responsibilities:
The Art Assistant’s primary responsibility is to ensure the success of each student by supporting the teacher and students and maintaining the orderly running of the visual art studio. This will entail supervising instruction under teacher guidance and maintaining classroom management; supervising and guiding students in the use of appropriate materials and techniques; storing and maintaining and preparing resources; and, encouraging and facilitating effective use of the materials and space by students.
- Working with individuals or small groups of students and using techniques under the guidance of the classroom teachers
- Communicating regularly observed behaviours of the students: progress made, incidents that need additional attention, and any further information that needs follow up.
- Keeping the art rooms, workshop area and storage rooms tidy, functional and well organised.
- Carrying out class prep, set-up, break-down, clean-up and other classroom-related errands as requested.
- Helping with unloading and organising of overseas materials orders. Keeping track of supplies and materials.
- Accompanying and assisting teachers on class field trips if requested.
- Assisting and coordinating workers during exhibition set-up and break-down.
- Monitoring exhibits daily for maintenance needs.
- Performing other duties as may be reasonably assigned by Art Teachers, HOD, or Principals.
- Taking initiative for the smooth running of the classroom environment.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Qualities:
- Minimum High School Diploma
- Educational certificate preferred
- Minimum 2 years relevant teaching experience
- Fluent English speaker with proficient writing skills
- Ability to write legibly in English
- Has a professional and ethical approach to work
- Genuine interest in visual arts and crafts
- Knowledge of ceramics, glazes and kiln
- Knowledge and interest in painting, drawing, printmaking, textiles and design
- Computer and technology literate
- Ability to spell at an acceptable standard
- Should be familiar with the curriculum
- Commitment to continuous personal growth
How To Apply
Please email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org