Since 2013 Blume Africa has been providing Professional HR Services to small businesses across Kenya. We started small ourselves, just a few people in a room. So, although we’ve grown over the years, our values remain the same.
Our client is a leading supermarket with presence in different regions in Kenya. They seek to hire a supermarket manager for three of their branches in Kerugoya, Chuka and Maua.
They seek to hire an organized and result-oriented Manager who will be tasked with ensuring operational standards are put in place and adhered to leading to the Supermarket’s profitability
- Ensuring that store management receives a quarterly and end of year performance review
- based on their individual performance against their Job Description/ objectives and KPIs.As outlined in their respective Performance Packs.
- Ensuring that the store’s staff absence is monitored, managed and minimized ensure maximum productivity.
- Ensure that store’s labour turnover is minimized by engaging staff and actively promoting opportunities in the store.
- Ensuring that the store team receives timely communication, is informed and engaged with the approachable culture of ask not tell”
- Ensuring that the store’s management and staffing levels are right for the level of trade.
- Ensure that all store staff are aware of the development opportunities in the store and there is an active development group in the store.
- Ensuring there is a service culture within the store and a Mystery Shopper Action Plan is in place addressing any issues highlighted in the last audit.
- Ensuring the store has its full range of products on sale by implementing and maintenance the store planograms.
- Ensuring the store is maximizing promotional availability and sales by the full and consistent execution of the store promotion plan.
- Ensuring the store is maximum customer loyalty through the promotion of the relevant supermarket loyalty Cards.
- Ensuring all store customers can complete their full shopping in one trip by maximizing on-shelf availability.
- Ensuring all operational processes are being properly carried out in the store in line with the Store Operations Manual.
- A Store Walk is taking place every morning and a follow up every afternoon, identifying and resolving issues.
- The fresh food quality in the store is to the standard by carrying out the “grading” process
- and the waste management processes are being implemented in the bakery, deli, meat counters.
- Maximizing sales and achieving the store’s sales budget.
- Achieving the store promotional sales targets.
- Controlling the store’s cost lines as a percent of sales and total cash to budget.
- Controlling payroll as a percent to sales and total cash.
- Achieving or exceeding store’s the budgeted profit.
- Controlling Shrinkage to the store’s budget.
- Bachelors Degree In Business Management
- A degree in Business Management or a related field.
More Details on Experience
- Must have 5 years of relevant working experience.
- Must have had experience managing staff.
- Must have experience in product mix and selection.
More Details on Skills
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must be a team player.
- Must be very organized.
- Well knowledgeable on customer preferences and buying habits.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email
Closing Date : 30 August. 2021