Bungoma County Government
Bungoma County is home to an estimated 1.7 million people and sits on an area of 2,069 kmÂ². Bungoma is the 3rd populous County after Nairobi and Kakamega. It borders three Counties: Kakamega on the South, Trans Nzoia on the North and Busia on the West. It also enjoys a vast shared international border with Uganda.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation, implementation of audit programmes used by the department;
- Reviewing audit reports;
- Undertake institutional risk assessments;
- Carrying out investigations on irregularities identified or reported in audit reports; and
- Identifying activities subject to audit coverage, evaluating their significance and assessing the degree of risk inherent in terms of the audit costs involved;
- Initiating departmental procurement process as per the approved procurement plan;
- Identifying departmental training needs based on performance appraisal reports;
- Drafting departmental budget proposal;
Requirements for Appointment
- Minimum of four (4) years’ experience in the relevant field;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: – Commerce (Accounting/Finance option), Economics, Mathematics, Statistics or its
equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: – Commerce (Accounting/Finance option), Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Auditing, Business Administration or any other equivalent and relevant qualification from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
- Be in possession of CPA Part III or its equivalent.
- Member of Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) or Institute of Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) and in good standing;
- Certificate in Senior Management Course lasting for not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- Demonstrate integrity, objectivity, confidentiality, competence, due professional care, independence, merit and ability as reflected in work performance.
- Meet with the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
Method of Application
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents, National Identity card and Application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email
Please note that CANVASSING in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
Closing Date : 3 October. 2021