Pan African Climate Justice Alliance
The Pan African Climate Justice Alliance (PACJA) is a continental coalition of Civil Society Organizations from diverse backgrounds in Africa.
Working hours: Monday to Friday reporting in the office from 8.30 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.
Supervisor: Project and Contract Manager
Staff Responsibility: None
Duration of Contract: Two years, renewable subject to satisfactory performance
Duty station: PACJA Secretariat, Nairobi Kenya
Grade and Salary level: Grade 4, Annual gross salary range of 54,000-78,000 USD
Under the strategic direction from the PMU Project and Contract Manager and technical support from the Head of Finance and Admin, PACJA; the incumbent will be responsible for reviewing financial reports from the various consortium members and compile the consortium project’s finance reports. S/he will be responsible to ensure consistent application of relevant finance and operations policies and procedures to ensure effective project implementation as well as compliance with relevant donor regulations. She/he will work closely with the other consortium finance staff and Head of Finance and Admin (HOF&A) of the lead Partner.
Duties And Responsibilities
Financial Systems Operations:
- Ensure that sub-grant related processes and procedures are consistently implemented throughout the program including pre-award compliance checks, agreements, disbursements, reporting, timelines, and partner capacity-building as necessary
- Closely monitor all financial activities, and keep the PMU Project and Contract Manager advised of all situations which have the potential for a negative impact on internal controls or financial management performance
- Prompt monitoring of exchange rate loss / gain and promptly advise PMU and Project and Contract Manager
- Ensure that donor compliance is adhered to by all consortium member partners; that all financial records and accounts are compiled in time, accurately, and in line with international accounting standards and donor regulations
- Carry out a continuous review of existing systems, standards and procedures to maintain an adequate level of internal controls, in compliance with partner policies and procedures
- Carry out regular checks for compliance with partners reporting to the Project Manager.
- Preparation of monthly/quarterly budgets versus actual reports for Project and Contract Manager and HoF&A PACJA to ensure budget utilization and take appropriate action on any significant variances
- Review financial reports and transactions provided by the partner on a timely basis, and provide feedback to partners as required
- Where necessary train and develop the capacity of the partners’ finance teams to ensure that a good standard of financial management is maintained
- Produce project-level finance reports for submission to the donor as per contractual obligations
- Produce necessary financial documents and reports for submission to MoFA, oversee and coordinate the project audit process at global, national and Alliance level.
- Undertake other related duties as may reasonably be assigned by the Project and Contract Manager and HoF&A
- An agile, strategic, and critical thinker, with the ability of setting process, performance, and outcome goals.
- Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written English, Ability to speak French will be an added advantage
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Proficiency in analysis and problem solving
- Good knowledge of financial controlling
- Generally Accepted Accounting Practices and Kenya Government Regulations and Processes Know-how to use budgetary tools
- Knowledge of financial management frameworks
- Understanding and/or knowledge of audit preparation
- Strong Project Management skills (planning, budget, steering, capitalization)
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors’ degree in Economics or any other business-related subject, and a certified public Accountant (K) or equivalent
- At least 5 years of work experience in a similar position preferably with an INGO ; proven experience in managing multi-country, consortiums projects, multi-million budgets and achieve financial, administrative excellence and full compliance.
Method of Application
Human Resources and Partnership Manager
Email: email@example.com copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
Citizens from all African countries are eligible to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date : 27th May, 2021