Kakamega County is one of the 47 counties in the Republic of Kenya. It borders Vihiga County to the south, Siaya County to the West, Bungoma County to the North and Nandi County to the East. The county covers an area of 3050.3 Km2 (Kakamega CDP, 2013). The altitude of the county is between 1,240 metres and 2,000 metres above sea level.
Pursuant to the Constitution of Kenya (2010) and the County Governments Act No. 17 of 2012, the County Government of Kakamega invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions.
DEPARTMENT OF FINANCE, ECONOMIC PLANNING & ICT AGENCY: KAKAMEGA COUNTY REVENUE AGENCY (KCRA)
JOB GROUP CPSB 13 (‘F’) – (100 POSTS)
Basic Salary: Kshs. 16,890×680 –17,570×700 – 18,270×780 – 19,050×800 – 19,850×950 – 20,800 p.m.
Terms of Service: Three (3) years renewable contract, subject to agreed performance levels.
Duties and Responsibilities
An officer at this level will be reporting to Revenue Officer I. Specific duties and responsibilities will entail: –
- Collecting revenue from all revenue streams using cashless mode of revenue collection;
- Preparing daily report on individual collection;
- Checking and enforcing the cashless payment system;
- Reporting incidents and obstacles that may hinder smooth collection of revenue;
- Creating awareness to traders on the cashless mode of revenue collection; vi. Ensuring safe custody of Kakamega County Revenue Agency assets and records;
- Guiding motorists on registration and payment of parking fees via Cashless system;
- Preparing invoices and ensuring that traders make payments as per the Kakamega County Finance Acts; and
- Engaging and building good relationship with traders and creating a positive image of the County Government of Kakamega.
Requirements for appointment
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must: –
- Be a Kenyan Citizen;
- Be a resident of Kakamega County;
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education, mean grade C (Plain) or its approved equivalent;
- Certificate in Computer Applications;
- Relevant working experience in revenue or routine clerical work will be an added advantage;
- Good interpersonal skills; and
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form.
- All the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the on–line form.
- During interviews, shortlisted candidates will be required to produce the following original documents: – National Identity Card; Academic and Professional Certificates.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- The County Government of Kakamega is an equal opportunity employer and women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit 18.104.22.168.