Reporting to the Procurement Manager, Medical & Non-Medical, and the successful candidate will be responsible for implementing the Hospital’s sourcing, tendering, and purchasing activities to ensure efficiency, cost effectiveness and value for money in line with the Hospital’s objectives.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide support and guidance to user departments in the development of specifications.
- Ensure efficient and cost-effective sourcing and delivery of materials, services and/or equipment to user departments.
- Develop and implement sourcing strategies for spend management, supplier development and management, category buying, contracts, vendor managed inventory and rating processes amongst others.
- Lead supplier pre-qualification, selection and development processes, quotation, and tender processes in a timely and transparent manner.
- Contribute to lead-time reduction and demand management initiatives to optimize inventory levels.
- Ensure cost-effectiveness, quality and timely procurement and delivery of all supply’s services.
- Manage development and preparation of contracts and ensure all contracts renewals reviews are done on time.
- Prepare appropriate financial, inventory and other reports; and
- Any other responsibilities that may be assigned to the job holder by the supervisor from time to time.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Economics, Supply Chain Management, or any other related field from a recognized institution.
- Graduate Diploma in Purchasing and Supply.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in local and international procurement.
The Nairobi Hospital does NOT charge recruitment fees.
Director Human Resources & Operations
The Nairobi Hospital
P. O. Box 30026 – 00100
NAIROBI email: firstname.lastname@example.org