City Eye Hospital
City eye hospital is a social venture that provides quality and affordable eye care to people living in Kenya and is a member of the ACCESS eye hospital network in Sub-Saharan Africa. We are a dedicated, dynamic, and experienced team of eye care professionals.
We are looking forward to onboard top and unique talent to support our venture of offering unmatched eye care services in line with our core values; God, People and Excellence. We have exciting career opportunities as detailed below;
Procurement Assistant Place of work: City Eye Hospital- Main Hospital
Reporting to: Finance Manager No. of Vacancies 1
Main Purpose of the Role
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the incumbent will be tasked to offer assistance in all the local procurement and
inventory management of the Company.
- Develop, lead and execute purchasing strategies
- Prepare and issue local purchasing orders to suppliers
- Negotiate credit terms with suppliers
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve the effectiveness
- Craft negotiation strategies and close deals with optimal terms
- Partner with user departments to ensure clear requirements documentation
- Perform cost and scenario analysis and benchmarking
- Seek and partner with reliable vendors and suppliers
- Determine the quantity and timing of deliveries
- Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand and maintain buffer stock at all times.
- Assist to maintain supplier database, purchase records, and related documentation
- Maintain warranty record for all the purchased items
- Coordinate and work with the user departments for all inventory related matters
- Take part in company projects and carry out any other tasks that may be assigned to you by your Line Manager
and/ or any other person placed in authority over you.
Knowledge and Experience Required
- Degree in business administration specialized in Procurement or Supply Chain Management.
- Minimum of 2 -3 years of experience in a similar role.
- Candidates with completed or ongoing CPSP certification shall have an added advantage
- A member in good standing of Procurement professions regulatory body (KISM)
- Must be available to on- board immediately.
Key Skills and Competencies Required
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Exceptional Communication and Customer Care skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work on tight deadlines.
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Computer literacy skills.
Method of Application
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to email@example.com
Use Procurement Assistant – CEH/HR/REC/001/2022 as the subject of the email
Closing Date : 31 January. 2022