Wärtsilä Eastern Africa Limited
Wärtsilä Eastern Africa Limited was established in August 1997 to market and sell power plants and marine Engines in the Eastern Africa Region. (Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Eritrea, Rwanda, Seychelles, Ethiopia, Burundi, Republic of Sudan and Republic of South Sudan). Wärtsilä Eastern Africa Ltd is a member of the worldwide Wärtsilä network. Wärtsilä is a company with 180 Years of experience in serving customers on land and at sea. The company operates in the three business areas – Ship Power, Services and Power Plants – united by the same values and vision.
We want to transition the world towards a cleaner future. By pushing the boundaries of engineering and technology, we can make it work. Together, we can create new business opportunities and more sustainable future that we can all be proud of. Want to join the ride?
- Assist in start-up, shut-down and normal operations of the power plant systems.
- Complete and maintain all logs and running records in a clear and concise manner according to the stipulated guidelines.
- Responsible for taking corrective action during system operational disturbance and/or bringing such disturbances to the attention of the Shift Supervisor.
- Effectively communicate the condition of the plant equipment and performance to the person in charge of the shift and fellow plant personnel.
- Responsible for maintaining the plant in a clean and safe condition at all times.
- Perform emergency procedures in order to protect personnel and equipment in case of damage or failure of safety deficiencies.
- Utilize all tools, equipment, and accessories in such a manner so as to maximize useful operating life.
- Assist in ensuring safe and efficient operation of the plant by bringing violations of colleagues to the attention of the Shift Supervisor or duty manager.
- To perform planned and corrective maintenance as directed and as needed and to account for all parts and materials, supplies and fluids used in the performance of that work.
Education: B.Sc. Degree in Mechanical/Electrical/Electronics/Instrumentation and Control Engineering.
Experience: Two years’ of experience in Operation and/or Maintenance of a Thermal Power Plant & Medium speed diesel engine experience.
To apply for this job please visit careers.wartsila.com.