We take pride in our highly qualified professionals who deliver our mission every day, translating their knowledge and expertise to internationally compliant practices in healthcare provision. Courtesy, consideration and unreserved respect towards our patients’ privacy, dignity and confidentiality has time and again helped us earn their trust and goodwill. Our dedicated nursing staff provides professional care within a friendly and comfortable environment, ensuring that being in hospital is a more pleasurable and less anxious time for our patients and their families. We take pride in our highly qualified professionals who deliver our mission every day, translating their knowledge and expertise to internationally compliant practices in healthcare provision.
Reporting to the Payroll Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing support in the processing of the staff payroll including payment to consultants and locums and submit the remittance of the related statutory deductions in line with established guidelines.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare and process the staff monthly payroll in an accurate and timely manner.
- Submit payroll related statutory deductions including PAYE, NSSF, NHIF and HELB in line with applicable tax legislation.
- Reconcile payroll account to maintain accurate account balances and comply with established guidelines.
- Investigate discrepancies of payroll information and/or documentation to ensure accuracy and adherence to procedures prior to processing.
- Reconcile information between payroll and pension to ensure accuracy of records and employee payments.
- Reconcile payroll and insurance-related information including payroll reports and requirements to ensure accuracy of payroll and insurance records.
- Ensure accurate data entry and updating of payroll information in the system in compliance with established policies and regulatory guidelines.
- Initiate changes in the master file and incomes and deductions.
- Initiate the monthly staff advance list for unionizable staff.
- Print and dispatch payslips of staff, P9 forms for staff.
- Initiate the PRN in the itax platform in line with requirements; and
- Any other responsibilities that may be assigned to the job holder by the supervisor from time to time.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or any other business-related field from a recognized institution.
- Partial accounting qualification i.e. CPA Part II or ACCA 2.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in payroll accounting.
- Knowledge of using Perpay systems will be an added advantage
- Excellent understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Excellent grasp of Financial and Management Accounting; Taxation and relevant legislation.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking, and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Preparation of Financial Statements.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and regulations related to the health care sector.
- Working knowledge of financial information management systems
- Demonstrated ability to engage and influence senior level leaders regarding key business priorities, issues, and initiatives.
- Communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Problem solving skills.
- Communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application quoting the job reference number, your current remuneration, testimonials to email@example.com
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email
Closing Date : 24 August. 2021