Ant-Doping Agency of Kenya
GRADE ADAK 7
This is the entry and training grade for this cadre. An officer at this level will work under the supervision and guidance of a senior officer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- drafting letters;
- recording dictation in shorthand and transcribing it in type written form;
- typing from drafts, manuscripts or recording from dictation machines;
- processing data;
- operating office equipment;
- attending to visitors/clients;
- handling telephone calls and appointments;
- ensuring security of office records, equipment and documents;
- effective management of office protocol and media issues;
- guide and supervise secretarial staff in lower grades.
Requirements for Appointment
This is the entry and training grade for this cadre. An officer at this level will work under the guidance and supervision of a senior officer.
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:-
a Bachelor Degree in Secretarial Studies or a Bachelor of Business and Office Management or equivalent qualifications from a recognized Institution;
A Bachelors Degree in Social Sciences plus a
Diploma in Secretarial Studies from the Kenya National Examinations
Council or equivalent qualifications from a recognized Institution;
A Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences plus the following qualifications from the Kenya National Examinations Council:-
• Shorthand III (minimum 120 w.p.m.)
• Typewriting III (50 w.p.m.)/ Computerized Document Processing III
• Business English III/Communications II
• Commerce II
• Office Management III/Office Administration and Management III
• Secretarial Duties II;
A Certificate in Computer Applications (Windows, Ms-Word, Ms- Excel, Ms- Access and Internet) from a recognized institution;
Excellent interpersonal communication skills;
How To Apply
Candidates interested in the above positions are expected to fulfill the requirements of chapter six of the constitution of Kenya, 2010. They must obtain and submit with their application copies of up-to-date clearance certificates from the following organizations:
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation (Good Conduct)
v. Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Those fulfilling the requirements of the position should submit their applications quoting the vacancy and Vacancy No. on the envelope. The application to be accompanied with a detailed c.v and all relevant testimonials stating the current position, current remuneration, postal address, telephone and email contacts.
Applicants are also expected to provide email, telephone and postal contacts of three references. All applications should reach the Chief Executive Officer on or before 14th January 2022.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO),
Ant-Doping Agency of Kenya (ADAK),
P.O. Box 66458- 00800,
by hand delivery during official working hours (8.30 a.m. to 5.00p.m) to the Agency’s offices at Parklands Plaza, 6th Floor Muthithi Road / Chiromo Lane Junction.
ANTI-DOPING AGENCY OF KENYA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. WOMEN, PERSONS LIVING WITH DISABILITY, MINORITY GROUPS AND THOSE FROM MARGINALISED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.