Technical University of Kenya
The Technical University of Kenya (TU-K) was established through the elevation of The Kenya Polytechnic University College (KPUC) to full university status. TU-K was established as the first Technical University in Kenya line with the provisions of the proposed Universities Act, 2012. The technical university is a new type of university in Kenya, whose mandate shall be to offer higher education and research in technology. The technical university, as a concept, is being created in Kenya with the objective to be a technological force behind the Vision-2030 drive and the general economic development of the nation. This has come about from the realisation that most countries that have been able to make major technological breakthroughs were heavily propelled through this by their technological universities.
No of Positions: 2
The Nursing Officer will be reporting to the Chief Medical Officer and will be responsible for:
- All the nursing duties, including nursing assessment of outpatients,
- In-patient follow up in hospitals and
- Administering general provision of medical and public health services to staff and students.
The applicant must be:
- A holder of Diploma in Nursing – Kenya Registered Community Health Nurse, or an equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Having a proven post-basic training in critical care/counselling psychology/mental health or any other relevant area as a distinct advantage.
- Possessing a minimum of 3 years’ experience (any 3 years cumulative in at most 2 health units) in nursing practice in a busy set up in the area of specialization.
- Having a current practicing license from the Nursing Council of Kenya.
- Having proven diligence in nursing practice,
- A team player, have a good track record
- Willing and ready to work during odd hours.
- A member of a relevant professional association.
To apply for this job please visit careers.tukenya.ac.ke.