- Ensuring that Stock Clerks complete their daily reporting (wastage, variances-with explanations, stock close to expiry) within their location accurately and that they are received in a timely manner. Passing this information onto the Head of Cost Control.
- Checking the accuracy and querying irregularities with reports and internal transfers submitted by Stock Clerks.
- Following up and assisting on variance investigations with individual Stock Clerks across the branches to ensure that they are all reconciled, and that appropriate person is charged (as and where necessary)
- Trouble-shooting any issues relating to resolving ‘missing stock’ and coming up with solutions.
- Conducting weekly spot checks at each location to make sure physical stocks match what is entered into the system.
- Having weekly 1 on 1’s with the Head of Cost Control and Finance to update them on actions and recommended solutions.
- Ensuring Stock Clerks carry out weekly stock take for their store and assisting with the company wide month end stock take.
- Ensures that beverage items (bar, coffee, hot and alcoholic and non-alcoholic cold drinks) are available.
- Responsible for receiving, storing, transferring, and rotating beverage items.
- Produces and distributes all necessary documents to support the receiving, storing, transferring or returning any beverage items.
- Audits incoming beverage stock and packing for quality and accuracy; Identifies and refers inaccurate or unacceptable stock, order discrepancies or issues to management
- Identifies and communicates items with low inventory
- Monitors the movement and usage of oil in each location providing a weekly consumption report (keeping an accurate record)
- Manages the disposal of used oil confirming that is no longer fit for purpose
- Monitors expiration dates and business volume.
- Assist in the physical count of beverage inventory items.
- Knows and follows all company, Environmental, Health, and Safety Management Programs and policies and FIFO
- Completing accurate stock count of all beverages
- Preventing overstock of items
- Passing on accurate stock count of all Beverages and oil to the Head of Finance & Stock Control
- Accept deliveries and issue stock in accordance with F&B Policy
- Meet deadlines and keep an accurate record of stock in the system (including internal transfers)
- At least 2 years of experience must have worked in a restaurant stock team before as a Stock or Cost Controller
- Prior teamwork experience in a restaurant setting is essential.
- Must have used an electronic stock management/inventory system
- Ability to determine department needs based on inventory levels and business volume.
- Ability to use production records, take an inventory, and use an order catalogue.
- Great organizational, spatial awareness, and logistical skills.
- Ability to accomplish common tasks with little direct supervision.
- You are a self-starter with a great work ethic and are a team player.
- Knowledge of Food Safety is a must
How to Apply
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org