The British Council is a British organisation specialising in international cultural and educational opportunities.
To implement, maintain and monitor the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) infrastructure in Kenya Main Offices, supporting the Operations Manager, Kenya in providing a range of appropriate, efficient IT services. Overall, this will ensure the wider staff body have seamless access and services to meet their own objectives, business needs, strategy, and the aspirations of the Country Plan.
Main accountabilities but not limited to the following:
- Provide technical support to British Council main office staff on standard software and hardware, including telephones, mobile technology, printers/copiers/scanners, including support with events including web streaming.
- Ensuring timely first- and second-level support to ensure seamless operations
- Escalating any problems/issues to relevant teams as required and following up to facilitate effective communications to end-users
- Support administration, implementation and upgrades of the overall ICT environment (hardware, software and infrastructure) according to business and technical needs, in accordance with the Kenya / corporate ICT strategy, industry best practice, and necessary change and configuration management.
- Ensuring 24/7 availability of Local Area Network (LAN) and Internet connectivity
- Monitoring of all server (MS 2008) logs, services, performance, disk space, and the taking of corrective action
- Ensuring daily backups of all servers are taken, including conducting test restores
- Ensuring systems are secured from external threats like hacking/virus attacks, including regular checks on software compliance
- Ensuring that (a) the SBU and BSS teams are aware of information security policies and (b) comply with them, working in close conjunction with Information and Records Manager
- Ensuring account opening requests are actioned effectively and that new accounts are ready ahead of time
Role specific knowledge and experience:
- Office 2016 support and Knowledge of Office 365 functionality, including Skype for Business, Teams, OneNote, One Drive, Planner, Sway; and practical ability in deployment, and supporting user requests
- User Support Skills: Ensures all IT issues are resolved or channelled to appropriate support function in GIS within agreed service levels
- Practical knowledge of computer networks (client-server and work group networks)
- Practical knowledge of working with Microsoft Windows Server products in a corporate environment.
Pay band: 4
Contract type: Fixed Term- Indefinite
Alternative locations the role could be based: Nairobi, Kenya
The successful candidate will need to possess the following requirements:
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) on Win 7 and Server 2008 platform
- University degree or equivalent
- 5 years of IT experience on desktop support and server administration, networking and providing technical and business application support
- Microsoft Certified Professional on (Window10 + Server 2016)
- ITIL Foundation certificate or corresponding level of knowledge
- Basic Project Management skills
To apply for this job please visit careers.britishcouncil.org.