Thika Water and Sewerage Company Limited (THIWASCO)
Thika Water and Sewerage Company Limited (THIWASCO) is a leading Water and
Sanitation provider in Kiambu County. To consolidate growth, serve Customers better
and meet its mandate, it seeks to recruit competent and result
Oriented professionals to be part of its team.
Ref No. HR/IA/08-2021
Job Grade: 4
The Internal Auditor will contribute to execution of the Audit Plan and
provide assurance as required by Thika Water and Sewerage Company Ltd management
on the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes to add
value and improve organizations operations.
The Internal Auditor will report to the Chief Manager – Internal Audit
1. Assist in development of the company’s annual internal audit work plan.
2. Manage performance of audit assignments, review work papers and audit
reports; edits reports prepared by other auditors.
3. Perform preliminary planning and establish direction for audits.
4. Provide leadership to assigned auditors, manage project to quality outcomes,
while meeting established time budget.
5. Maintain respectful and effective communications and relationships with key
6. Present to management the results, recommendations, and conclusions of the
7. Conduct follow up reviews to monitor implementation of audit
8. Continuously monitor quality of internal audit work.
9. Build capacity and mentor internal audit staff
10. Perform any other tasks as required by the management from time to time.
Required Qualifications Experience and Skills
Bachelors’ degree in any business-related field from a recognized institution. A
Masters’ degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage.
Must possess relevant professional qualification: CPA (K)/ACCA, CIA or CISA.
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in auditing preferably in a busy internal audit
department or audit firm.
Knowledge of the International Professional Practices Framework for Internal
Auditing (IPPF), Public Finance Management Act, 2012 and PFM regulations of
2015, Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act, 2015 and regulations of 2020,
Mwongozo Code of Governance.
Effective communication skills and ability to work with all stakeholders while
Experience in the implementation or review of an ERM framework or a Quality
Management System will be an added advantage.
Membership to ICPAK, IIA or ISACA in good standing.
Analytical skills and an eye for detail.
Planning and organizational skills.
Ability to understand broader business issues.
Excellent report writing skills.
In addition to the above requirements, candidates must provide evidence of compliance
to Chapter Six of the Kenyan Constitution requirements for integrity by providing the
1. Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) Clearance.
2. Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).
3. Certificate of good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
4. Ethics and Anti-Corruption Clearance (EACC).
If you meet the above criteria and are interested in making a meaningful career move in
Thika Water and Sewerage Company Thika, apply by submitting your application,
copies of certificates and CV in confidence to:
The Managing Director
Thika Water and Sewerage Company LTD
Haile Sellasie Road near Chania Falls
P.O Box 6103 – 01000
Copy to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Procedure Notes:
Due to the prevailing Covid -19 pandemic which requires minimum physical contact,
only soft copy applications will be accepted.
Indicate the Job Title and Reference Number in your subject line
Kindly indicate current and expected salary as in your application subject line or CV.
Attach copies of your certificates and testimonials in your application.
Closing date for applications is by end day Friday 17th September 2021
Applications received after close of the deadline will not be considered
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted