We take pride in our highly qualified professionals who deliver our mission every day, translating their knowledge and expertise to internationally compliant practices in healthcare provision. Courtesy, consideration and unreserved respect towards our patients’ privacy, dignity and confidentiality has time and again helped us earn their trust and goodwill. Our dedicated nursing staff provides professional care within a friendly and comfortable environment, ensuring that being in hospital is a more pleasurable and less anxious time for our patients and their families. We take pride in our highly qualified professionals who deliver our mission every day, translating their knowledge and expertise to internationally compliant practices in healthcare provision.
Reporting to Support Services Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating and supervise the outsourced cleaning and pottering services in the hospital to ensure a clean, safe, and comfortable environment.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Schedule and supervise cleaning and pottering services and carry out routine inspection of assigned areas to ensure cleanliness and hygiene standards in line established guidelines.
- Prepare and monitor execution of checklists for assigned areas to ensure full compliance to cleaning standards.
- Carry out staff induction and continuous training for new and existing outsourced cleaning and pottering staff to ensure they understand and adhere to the hospital’s code of conduct.
- Participate in checking the quality of housekeeping consumables samples during the tendering process to ensure they meet the required standards.
- Monitor the usage of housekeeping consumables and advise the requisitioning authority on the minimum order levels to ensure their availability and accountable use.
- Carry out monthly evaluation of cleaning and pottering services and prepare related reports to ensure feedback on the services is duly received and documented.
- Identify and report all repairs and maintenance issues in assigned areas and follow up with maintenance department to ensure timely closure.
- Ensure proper segregation, handling, and transportation of hospital waste in line with waste management guidelines.
- Participate in the vetting of all outsourced cleaning and pottering staff and monitor validity
- of required certificates and vaccinations to ensure the hospital has the right calibre cleaning and pottering staff.
- Ensure outsourced cleaning and pottering services staff wear appropriate PPEs as they
- work in the different hospital sections to prevent cross contamination.
- Receive and attend to complaints related to cleaning and pottering services and follow up to ensure timely closure; and
- Any other responsibilities that may be assigned to the job holder by the supervisor from time to time.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma in Hospitality Management from a recognized institution.
- Minimum of 3 years’ housekeeping experience in a hospital or hospitality environment.
- Housekeeping skills
- Knowledge in the use of different machines, floor finishes and cleaning requirements
- Contract administration skills
- Ability to think on one’s feet – Agility
- Problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Planning and organizing skills
- Customer service skills
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email
Closing Date : 7 September. 2021