Kenya Builders & Concrete Co. Ltd
Kenya Builders & Concrete Co. Ltd (KBCLL) has been involved in the construction and building industry for over 50 years and has grown and developed into a major diversified industrial group with operations spanning in various business sectors. KBCLL markets a wide range of aggregates and concrete products and provides a total solution to the customers’ needs.
The Head of Finance is responsible for directing the financial functions of the department in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and for ensuring regulatory compliance in all respects. The position ensures that the Company implements sound financial management policies, practices and manage financial resources in a manner that ensures optimal liquidity levels at minimal financing costs. The position holder is expected to offer advice to the Directors on financial related matters.
Key Duties/ Responsibilities
- Contribute to the development of the Company’s strategic plan by contributing financial and accounting information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction
- Develop organization prospects by studying economic trends and revenue opportunities; identifying opportunities for improvement, cost reduction, and systems enhancement and accumulating capital to fund expansion
- Develop financial management strategies by forecasting capital, facilities, and staff requirements; identifying monetary resources; developing action plans
- Responsible for management accounting and financial analysis for all the business units.
- Working capital management to ensure the availability of affordable funds to run operations by developing reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs
- Develop and implement the set financial controls, enhance and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the Group
- Monitor financial performance by measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances
- Financial management reporting to ensure the timely and accurate analysis and reporting of budgets, financial reports, and financial trends to support decision making
- Provide expertise advise on maximization of returns on invested funds by identifying investment opportunities, managing and hedging where needed against foreign exchange fluctuations
- Keeps abreast of new financial regulations; participate in educational opportunities; read professional publications; maintain personal networks and participate in professional organizations
- Oversee the operations within material management section by guiding the planning, procurement, storage, control, and distribution of materials and products according to company needs and/or customer requirements
- Foster a culture of ethical behavior in the Department, promotes compliance with the Company’s Code of Business Conduct and proactively ensures that the Company complies with all of its legal and statutory obligations
- Implement and monitor performance management programs and support departmental staff through training, mentorship, and coaching
Qualifications and Educational Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in commerce, business management, finance management or related field
- Professional accounting qualification (CPA(K)/ACCA) and member of a relevant professional body
- At least ten (10) years’ experience in financial management, three (3) of which must be in a leadership role
- Working understanding or financial management and reporting in a Group operation
- Hands on experience in financial planning, strategy development, financial forecasting, corporate finance and developing organizational budgets
Knowledge, Experience and Competencies
- Strategic thinker with good decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Good analytical and critical thinking skills, problem-solving, judgment and decision-making skills ability to monitor and explain trends and variances
- Influencer with excellent negotiation skills and ability to establish worthy partners for the business
- Strong leadership, task management, planning and organizational skills.
- Process oriented and can facilitate the use of systems
- Self-starter, high energy level with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Extremely detail-oriented, able to multi-task, prioritize, manage and follow projects through to completion.
- High standards of integrity, ethics, and confidentiality
To apply for this job please visit jobs.accaglobal.com.