The new NCBA has harnessed the power of both NIC and CBA to create a bank that brings together the best of both worlds from cutting edge mobile banking to good old-fashioned relationship management; from scalable business banking to financial services that grow as your business does; from best-in-class choice of products to investment solutions tailored to your specific needs.
Job Purpose Statement
Overall Head of the Asset Finance Department, responsible for management of the growth and maintenance of Asset Finance (HP, OPL & IPF) portfolio including cross-selling other bank products to the Asset Finance customers.
Key Accountabilities (Duties and Responsibilities)
Income, Cost and Operational Objectives
Ensuring the division meets its set income and cost objectives.
Business Planning Objectives & Development
- Providing strategic direction for the Asset Finance division.
- Formulate and implement strategic plans to maximise returns on the bank’s investments in HP, OPL and IPF Products.
- Identify, appraise and advice on viable investment opportunities for HP, OPL and IPF in the market.
- Analyse key macro-economic indicators and advice on their likely impact on the Bank’s Investments.
- Ensure that the bank’s investments are monitored and evaluated on a continuous basis and reported to management accordingly.
Executive Management Contribution
Will represent Asset Finance in the following forums:
- Management Committee reporting to the Group Director, Asset Finance and Business Solutions and charged with the formulation and implementation of Bank strategies.
- IT Steering Committee responsible for the formulation of the Bank’s IT Strategy.
- Business Development Committee responsible for the formulation and implementation of the Bank’s Business Development initiatives.
- Asset/Liability Committee charged with managing and monitoring the assets and liabilities of the bank. This committee also ensures compliance with statutory requirements.
- Senior Risk Committee responsible for reviewing and approving facilities with limits above Kes 35 million together with reviewing the performance of all Advances.
- Board Audit Committee (by Invitation) which reviews all areas of risk to the bank and audit reports of the respective departments.
- Support regional Asset Finance business with formulation and implementation of their strategies.
Executive Council Member, Kenya Motor Industry Association (Alt. to Group Director).
- Counsel, motivate and create a good working environment for all staff to enhance individual performance and productivity including an effective performance appraisal system.
- Develop and agree on an annual basis, individual and team performance objectives, standards and targets.
- Review regularly performance against agreed objectives.
- Provide ongoing coaching and feedback to direct reports.
- Identify development and training needs and develop plans to satisfy areas identified.
- MBA in Finance or Strategic Management is an advantage
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce/Economics or any Business related field
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) qualification will be an added advantage
Desired work experience:
10 years’ experience in Banking, out of which 5 must be in a management position in an Asset Finance environment.
- Financial analysis Skills: Ability to analyse and/or interpret financial statements, and advice accordingly.
- Analytical business and investment appraisal Skills: Keen to detail and able to conceptualize financial investment proposals and provide viable solutions.
- Technology Skills: Computer literate with proficiency in computerized financial analysis applications.
- Industry knowledge: Candid knowledge of the financial sector and investment opportunities
To apply for this job please visit ke.ncbagroup.com.