Precision Agriculture for Development
Our mission is to support smallholder farmers in developing countries by providing customized information and services that increase productivity, profitability, and environmental sustainability. Precision Agriculture for Development (PAD) is working on a new model for agricultural extension: reaching farmers with personalized agricultural advice through their mobile phones. We implement this model in collaboration with partner organizations and gather evidence on its impact. We aim to improve the lives of 100 million farmers in developing countries with our services.
We are looking for a driven, creative, and independent person to join a high-performing flexible team as a General Accounting Manager. This is a mid-level accounting position responsible for applying accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, prepare accurate and timely financial reports and statements, and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures. The position is responsible for supervising general accounting, producing monthly journal entries and reconciliation of assigned asset, liability, expense and revenue accounts.
The General Accounting Manager will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Oversee Global payment and procurement accounting.
- Assist with quarterly financial statements as well as annual audited financial statements and footnotes.
- Assist with annual audit materials preparation to ensure a high quality and well-organized package ready in a timely manner for Director of Finance to review prior to audit.
- Work with external auditors on 990 and MA-PC filings.
- Serve as a back-up to Director of Finance, particularly with respect to revenue recognition.
- Perform a range of mid-level financial statement analyses and account reconciliations.
- Provide direct supervision to two Finance team members, including effective performance management including regular feedback sessions and guidance and support for professional development opportunities as appropriate.
- In collaboration with team and Director of Finance, develop and deliver training to finance staff. Participate in establishing and monitoring of accounting control procedures and ensure compliance with established policy.
- Ensure all financial transactions are completed with high degrees of accuracy, in full compliance with requirements, and within established timelines.
- Prepare required journal entries and account reconciliations, and resolve variances using professional concepts and established policies and procedures.
- Provide support and guidance to PD’s country offices, administrative staff, managers, and others in the use of OUS accounting systems in accordance with policy, procedures and accounting principles.
- Work with external auditors; prepare audit schedules, provide explanations of schedules and related variances if any.
- Ensure monthly close is accomplished as per schedule.
- Work on special projects as assigned.
Expectations for the Position
- Will stay abreast of professional standards, trends and issues affecting this set of responsibilities, demonstrating continuous learning of the field.
- Will work effectively and collaboratively in support of building a team-based culture of work, will perform all duties appropriately for a multi-cultural environment, treating all persons with dignity and respect, and will be familiar with and committed to PD’s mission and goals.
- Will have an understanding of gender justice and diversity within key areas of responsibility and a commitment to promoting gender justice and diversity in our workplace and programs.
- Within key areas of responsibility, will have a commitment to providing a safe environment for staff, partners, and beneficiaries, and a commitment to promoting safeguarding in our workplace, programs, and the communities we serve.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent education/experience in US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Five years progressively responsible work experience as an accountant.
- Two years of supervisory experience and ability to mentor and develop staff.
- Ability to analyze financial transactions.
- Significant general ledger journal entry production/account reconciliation experience.
- Experience with computerized accounts payable, payroll software, Excel, Word, and related Microsoft Office Applications.
- Ability to work independently, to work under pressure, prioritize work and to meet deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to work accurately and to leave accurate audit trails.
- Ability to identify system, process and policy issues and make recommendations for and implement solution(s).
- Excellent communication, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with not-for-profit accounting.
- Experience with Quickbooks
- CPA or MBA
- Full time, Finance Department
- Start date: As soon as possible.
- Location: USA, India or Kenya
- Compensation: Commensurate with experience
To apply for this job please visit precisionag.bamboohr.com.