At TakaTaka Solutions, We collect your waste like every other waste collector, but, instead of taking it to a landfill, we take it to our own sites, where we sort the waste, and then recycle 95% either ourselves or through our local partners. This represents one of the highest recycling rates in the world.
GROSS SALARY: 30-35K
Duties And Responsibilities:
- Reading blueprints and understanding how the final product should look
- Troubleshooting flaws in welds or structural imperfections in the metal
- Fit and assemble metal parts, tools or sub-assemblies, including welding or brazing parts
- Cut, thread, bend and install hydraulic and pneumatic pipes and lines
- Dismantle faulty tools and assemblies and repair or replace defective parts
- Set up and/or operate hand and machine tools, welding equipment
- Check accuracy and quality of finished parts, tools or sub-assemblies
- Align and fit parts according to specifications, using jacks, turnbuckles, wedges, drift pins, pry bars, and hammers.
- Hammer, chip, and grind work pieces in order to cut, bend, and straighten metal.
- Lay out and examine metal stock or work pieces to be processed in order to ensure that specifications are met.
- Locate and mark work piece bending and cutting lines, allowing for stock thickness, machine and welding shrinkage, and other component specifications.
- Mark reference points onto floors or face blocks and transpose them to work pieces, using measuring devices, squares, chalk, and soapstone.
- Position, align, fit, and weld parts to form complete units or subunits, following blueprints and layout specifications, and using jigs, welding torches, and hand tools.
- Position or tighten braces, jacks, clamps, ropes, and/or bolt straps, or bolt parts in position for welding or riveting.
- Preheat work pieces to make them malleable, using hand torches or furnaces.
- Set up and operate fabricating machines such as brakes, rolls, shears, flame cutters, grinders, and drill presses to bend, cut, form, punch, drill, or otherwise form and assemble metal components.
- Smooth work piece edges, and fix taps, tubes, and valves.
- Study engineering drawings and blueprints to determine materials requirements and task sequences.
- Tack-weld fitted parts together.
- Verify conformance of work pieces to specifications, using squares, rulers, and measuring tapes.
- Design and construct templates and fixtures, using hand tools.
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- 1-3 years’ experience as fabricator /fitter
- Good eyesight
- High level of precision and keen on details
- Mathematical skills and ability to interpret blueprints and manuals
- Creative and initiative
Method of Application
If you meet the above qualifications, skills and experience send CV to
Interviews will be carried out on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date : 10th July, 2021