Thika Water and Sewerage Company Limited (THIWASCO)
Thika Water and Sewerage Company Limited (THIWASCO) is a leading Water and
Sanitation provider in Kiambu County. To consolidate growth, serve Customers better and
meet its mandate, it seeks to recruit competent and result oriented professionals to be part
of its team.
Ref No. HR/EMO/08-2021
Job Grade: 4
The Electro-Mechanical/Mechatronic/Electrical Engineer will lead the
implementation of mechanical, electrical and Instrumentation projects and
troubleshooting electronics related faults on pumps, instruments, machines and
equipment. The Engineer will report to the Chief Manager – Technical Services
1. Head, supervise and provide guidance to the electromechanical section
2. Implementing the departmental strategy in line with the policies, processes and
procedures to achieve the institutions objectives.
3. Design and implement electronic control systems for mechanical equipment.
4. Analyze existing engineering and production procedures and design improvements.
5. Assist in designing and implementing cost-effective equipment modifications to
help improve safety and reliability.
6. Design, develop and implement control circuits or algorithms for automation of
electromechanical or pneumatic devices or systems.
7. Install, troubleshoot and repair company equipment and related systems, which
includes pumping & power generating equipment, pressure, level and flow
measuring equipment (AMR meters/smart meters).
8. Read and interpret a variety of technical manuals, charts, schematics, blueprints
and gauges to troubleshoot equipment.
9. Use, operate and maintain electronic test equipment, computer hardware and
software associated with the testing and adjusting of equipment.
10. Monitor or calibrate automated systems, industrial control systems or system
components to maximize efficiency of production.
11. Planning and monitoring respective electromechanical related technical projects by
preparing budgets, cash flows and time schedules to ensure no cost overrun.
12. Identify and select materials appropriate for mechatronic system designs and
upgrade the design of such devices by adding mechatronic elements.
13. Ensure the proper communication and coordination between the Electrical Team,
Maintenance and Production Teams in different departments.
14. Provide consultation and guidance on topics such as mechatronics or automated
15. Benchmarking and Implementing best practices in respective areas of work and
16. Perform any other tasks as required by the management from time to time.
Required Qualifications Experience and Skills
A holder of a Degree in Electro-Mechanical Mechatronic/Electrical and electronic
Engineering or equivalent from a reputable and accredited University.
At-least 5 years relevant experience in a busy environment.
Should be a member of a professional body.
Knowledgeable in SCADA and PLC systems.
Possession of Leadership, Engineering, Analytical and Employee Relation Skills.
Possession of good leadership, team player with good communication and IT skills.
In addition to the above requirements, candidates must provide evidence of compliance to
Chapter Six of the Kenyan Constitution requirements for integrity by providing the
1. Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) Clearance.
2. Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).
THIWASCO is an ISO 9001: 2015 Certified Company
3. Certificate of good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI).
4. Ethics and Anti-Corruption Clearance (EACC).
If you meet the above criteria and are interested in making a meaningful career move in
Thika Water and Sewerage Company Ltd, apply by submitting your application, CV and
copies of relevant certificates to:
The Managing Director
Thika Water and Sewerage Company LTD
Haile Sellasie Road near Chania Falls
P.O Box 6103 – 01000
Copy to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Procedure Notes:
Due to the prevailing Covid -19 pandemic which requires minimum physical contact,
only soft copy applications will be accepted.
Indicate the Job Title and Reference Number in your subject line
Kindly indicate current and expected salary as in your application subject line or CV.
Attach copies of your certificates and testimonials in your application.
Closing date for applications is by end day Friday 17th September 2021
Applications received after close of the deadline will not be considered
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.