Northern Rangelands Trust
The Northern Rangelands Trust is a non-profit umbrella organization supporting 33 community conservancies across northern Kenya. Its mission is to develop resilient community conservancies, which transform lives, secure peace and conserve natural resources.
Purpose of the position:
Reporting to the Fleet Administrator, the driver will be required to have the overall responsibility of offering both administrative and logistic support to the AMAYA Project and help in achieving set target and objectives. Specifically, the diver will be required to:
- Provide logistical support to all conservancy activities such as wildlife conservation, livestock programs, security operation and other community development programs.
- Driving team members to and from their activities as assigned.
- Ensuring proper maintenance of vehicles and tools assigned to them.
- Ensuring safety of passengers/property in the vehicle.
- Ensuring valid road licenses are in place.
- Have thorough understanding of motor vehicles engine functionality.
- The driver should be competent at checking the vehicle for problems and performing pre/post journey maintenance task.
- Ensure full compliance to the traffic laws, regulations, and code.
- Promoting positive corporate image of the Trust.
- Proper recording of mileage booklet.
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the NRT management.
- Holder of a “BCED” class with PSV certificate.
- Possess over five years post training experience.
- Holder of a KCSE D+ or O–Level certificate.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Physically fit and emotionally resilient
- Willing to work longer hours and in remote areas of operation
- Honest, team player and one who enjoys community work.
- Mechanics training will be an added advantage.
Method of Application
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to hr@nrt–kenya.org Use the title of the position as the subject of the email Closing Date : 22 September. 2021