HISTORY With the vision of a safer Kenya and the experience of the police force, former Police Inspector Kishori Lal Sahni started a small investigations company in 1970 which has now grown to be one of the most respected brands in the security industry in the East African Region. Securex has grown from strength to strength in the past forty four years to become the leading Security Solutions provider for a wide host of clients in diverse industries. Starting with only an investigations department in the seventies, Securex soon grew to incorporate the manned guarding section which to date is one of the most respected forces in the provision of client friendly services. Currently under the stewardship of Mr. K L Sahni’s son; Tony Sahni, Securex has from the early nineties been able to distinguish itself from other competitors by embracing technological solutions to augment the services of security guards and hence provide integrated security systems.
We are looking for an analytical, detail-oriented crime analyst to join the Securex family and support the marketing team. The individual will be responsible for applying insights gained from statistical crime data to advise clients on safety precautions and suitable security solutions. Additionally, the crime analyst will be responsible for advising the company on possible sales opportunities based on crime trends and patterns identified. The individual should have excellent pattern recognition abilities, excellent writing skills, and strong strategic thinking skills.
- Gathering and analyzing crime data reported from various media platforms in Kenya and Uganda.
- Media monitoring. Scan newspapers, television, radio and the internet for information useful to the company and advise accordingly.
- Using computer programs and statistical data to map possible criminal activity.
- Preparing timely crime reports to be shared with the Securex’ clients on a weekly basis.
- Creating and conducting visual presentations of crime trends and projections to help clients keep safe.
- Creating, maintaining, and updating a database of security briefings based on various points of information.
- Identifying criminal trends and advising the management team on possible sales opportunities.
- Keeping up-to-date with marketing activities and innovations.
- Developing crime prevention strategies.
Key competence and qualifications
- A Bachelor’s degree or a diploma in Criminology, Criminal Justice, Statistics, Sociology or a related field.
- Strong working knowledge of data gathering, verification, and analysis.
- Excellent grasp of Crime in Kenya & data analytics programs.
- Pattern recognition and strategic thinking skills.
- Strong team-working and collaboration skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge in marketing tools will be an added advantage.
- Strong grasp of statistical methodologies.
- Excellent pattern recognition abilities.
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Strong strategic thinking skills.
- Excellent predictive abilities.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send their comprehensive CV and cover letter to
indicating on the email subject the position they are applying for. Kindly note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date : 21st May, 2021