K MR 11 Vacancy No. FN-11-05-2021
Reports to: Study Administrator
Duration: 1 Year Renewable Contract as per KEMRI Scheme of Service. The first 3 months is a probation period.
- Provides efficient messenger services focusing on achievement of the following results
- Collection and delivery of mail and other materials as required from and to the post office, courier and other institutions like Kenya power and Safaricom/ Zain within town.
- Sorting, delivery and pick up of mail from various offices on the premises at regular Maintenance of records as required
- Photocopying and duplicating services;
- Ensuring that tea, water and refreshments are served and provided to the study staff and official meetings as requested;
- Assist in the loading, unloading and movement of furniture, equipment and cargo office supplies;
- Perform Variety of unskilled tasks as helper and messenger;
- Remain flexible and work additional hours when required;
- Other duties as assigned
- Provides efficient organization and cleaning services
- Keeping clean the offices, kitchen, corridors, toilets, and training venues and the office environment at all the times;
- Paying attention and ensuring hygienic standard of sanitary facilities at all the times;
- Keeps office room floors, surfaces, furniture, walls, doors, windows, curtains clean and hygienic;
- Clean the toilets and to put in the toilets the toilet rolls, soaps, washing liquid and hand towels when required;
- Report on the stock status of toilet rolls, soaps, washing liquid etc.;
- Maintaining the organization of paper, documents, and clean desks and offices;
- Supporting office hospitality in the presence of guests;
- Maintaining cleanliness of the entrance and office environment
- Minimum o-level
- At least 1 year of work experience preferably with a busy medical organizations.
- Understanding of the study site operations, procedures and requirements
- Efficiency in the delivery of all listed services
- Focuses on result for the site and responds positively to feedback;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Responds positively to critical
- Preferred previous training in cleaning & tea service processes; Quality oriented; Supportive; Timely; Personal organization; knowledge of Hygiene; Ethical
- S/he demonstrates a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact and ability to work with people with diverse
How to Apply
- Letter of Application (Indicate Vacancy Number on the subject line)
- Current Resume or Curriculum Vitae with Telephone number and e- mail address
- Two letters of reference with contact telephone numbers
- Copies of Academic Certificates and Transcripts
- A copy of the latest pay slip (if applicable)
- A copy of National Identity card or passport
All applications to be done through email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 7th June,2021
KEMRI or any of its programs, Studies or Projects does not solicit for Money or any form of reward for a Job applicant to be considered for employment. Any such requests should be immediately reported to the HR department. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY; PERSONS WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.