Kibanda Topup is a venture-backed technology company currently operating in Kenya and Nigeria. Our mission is to increase restaurant contribution to Africa’s GDP. From forecasting capabilities to last mile deliveries, we are building tools that enable small and medium restaurants to access affordable fresh and dry products. Restaurants need more than an efficient supply chain and we envision a world where the average African restaurant has access to digital and financial tools needed to grow and thrive.
About the role
We are entering hyper-growth mode. The team is scaling fast and complexity is increasing on a daily basis. The Chief of Staff (CoS) will work directly with the CEO to manage the ever growing complexity with a focus on people, process and fundraising topics. This role will expose you to all facets of building a business and is a perfect role for someone who wants to themselves be a founder one day. For the first 12-months, the CoS will be mostly internal facing and take ownership of:
- Project management of both the finance and product functions
- Building and running the investment management process
- Strategic people operations to ensure employee NPS of at least 40
- Helping each person on the management to build scalable processes
- Running a mini-PMO (project management office) to ensure the management team is executing on their strategic initiatives
In addition, the Chief of Staff will lead the execution on the highest priority strategic initiatives for the business. This role will be dynamic with ever changing priorities. A fun ride filled with infinite learning opportunities!
Who you are
We are looking for founder-level talent and the ideal candidate is someone that wants to themselves be a founder one day. We are looking for someone who:
- Has a strong understanding of business and a naturally strategic mindset
- Is a proactive problem solver and is able to process new information quickly
- Is naturally confident in themselves and is able to work well with people of all backgrounds
- Has impeccable organization and project management skills
- Is data-driven and highly analytical
- Is comfortable managing multiple projects at once and a dash of chaos (we are a fast growing company!)
- Is ready to work very hard. We are not a 9-5 company.
We believe that a good Chief of Staff can come from many different backgrounds and we have no explicit educational or experience requirements. However, preference will be given to candidates that have:
- Experience running their start-up (whether successfully or not)
- 2+ years of experience in a fast-growing start-up in a mid to senior level management role
- 2+ years of experience in a top-tier consulting firm (MBB, Big 4, OCA, Cross Boundary etc.)
- 2+ years of experience in a portfolio management role at a top tier investment firm
Why Kibanda Topup
We are venture-backed and growing fast. We launched less than 6-months ago and we are already serving thousands of restaurants monthly. You get an opportunity to jump onto the rocket ship near the ground floor. We believe that:
- Our team should grow as fast as the company. If you do well, you will have every opportunity to rocketship your career
- If we win, our team should win. Company shares are a key part of the compensation for all mid-senior hires
- Speed is a Virtue. We make decisions quickly and are not afraid of failing. We prioritize learning by doing
- Everyone is an owner of their work. We do not micromanage, only challenge. We let you own your domain and drive your work independently.
If that sounds exciting, great! Kibanda Topup may be the perfect place for you. But, Kibanda Topup is not for everyone.
- We are an early-stage start-up. It may be chaotic at times with shifting priorities
- This is not a 9-5 job. This a whatever it takes to get it done job
- This is not a place where we will tell you exactly what to do. You will be expected to manage your own work to achieve the outcomes
- We love being around our customers. If you enjoy sitting behind a desk all day, this may not be the best place for you.
To apply for this job please visit kibandatopup.bamboohr.com.