Twiga is a mobile-based supply platform for Africa’s retail outlets, kiosks, and markets stalls.
In line with Twiga Foods purpose and the significant role played by the Warehouse (Supply Chain), the Boiler Technician operates and maintains the steam generator to ensure optimal operations of the crate washer. The role holder is also responsible for management of resources relating to the boiler i.e. fuel and water to ensure cost efficient operation. The role holder works closely with the Maintenance Engineer to ensure equipment availability and reliability and timely procurement of consumables.
- Supervise all aspects of boiler operations during assigned shift and effectively provide direction to downstream machine operators.
- Conduct preventive and corrective maintenance to the steam generator.
- Conduct safety inspection of boiler and steam safety relief valves
- Supervise the statutory inspection of the boiler and instrument calibration to ensure compliance to legal and organizational requirements
- Monitoring boiler energy usage (steam and diesel).
- Co-ordinate boiler water/steam analysis and chemical usage
- Ensure reliable operational records are maintained and recorded for historical purposes and to document performance metrics for the plant.
- Assist in building services maintenance (plumbing, ventilation)
- Ensure conformance with quality, environmental, food and safety requirements commensurate with executing required instrument maintenance or replacement activities
- Observe the set Health, Safety, and Environment guidelines (PPE, LOTO) during repair and maintenance of machines
- Minimum Diploma in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Certificate in Boiler Proficiency
- Minimum 2 years experience in Boiler Operations
- Basic Computer Skills (Excel and Word)
Twiga is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We champion equal treatment of all applicants. Twiga does not charge its applicants any fees whatsoever and has not authorized any agent to levy any fees on its behalf. If anyone requests you to make any payment with respect to this application, please report the incident to email@example.com or to our hotline on +254 (0) 709 258 000.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.