Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
Job Grade – Eacc “ 9 ” (2 Posts), Ref : Eacc / F & P / Aai / 9
For appointment as an Accounts Assistant I, a person must possess the following qualifications:
- Minimum relevant working experience of seven (7) years;
- Certified Public Accountant of Kenya (CPA-K);iii. Must be a member of ICPAK;
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (K.C.S.E.) minimum mean grade of C orits equivalent from a recognised institution;
- Hands-on experience in Accounting Software (ERP). Experience in using IFMIS will be an added advantage;
- Knowledge of International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS);vii. Demonstrated integrity and professional competence as reflected in work performance and results.
Reporting to the Deputy Director – Finance and Accounts, the job holder is responsible for the facilitation of transactions and to balance the cash book, to capture data in theIFMIS System and maintenance of imprest register and to ensure that expenditures are captured, recorded for in line with the laid down rules and regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintaining petty cash to ensure proper utilisation of funds;
- Verifying and examining vouchers in accordance with laid down rules andr egulations;
- Assisting in primary data entry and routine accounting work;
- Ensuring proper maintenance of efficient filing systems;
- Safekeeping of invoices, miscellaneous receipts, imprest warrant books, cash books and other accountable documents;
- Processing and payment of imprest warrants, expenditure claims and processing of imprest surrender;
- Carrying out bank reconciliation;
- Assisting in generating procurement plans and budgets;
- Posting and daily balancing of the cash book
- Assisting in maintenance of fixed asset register;
- Ensuring availability of cash float in the office;
- Carrying out banking transactions;
- Receipting transactions.
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI)
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
- Registration and good standing in relevant Professional Bodies
Closing Date : 9 September. 2021
To apply for this job please visit jobs.integrity.go.ke.