Meru County is located on the Eastern side of the Mt Kenya covering 6,936 square kilometers. It is strategically placed bordering Isiolo County to the North, Tharaka County to the South West, Nyeri County to the South West and Laikipia County to the West. The county has a population of 1,356,301 million people. Our vision is green united prosperous model county. Our mission is facilitate sustainable development and wealth creation in the County through commerce, technological innovations and industrialization that leverages on our skilled human resources, agriculture, wildlife, bio-diversity and cultural heritage.
2 POSTS JG “K”/CASB 10
Duties and Responsibilities.
- responsible for preparation and verification of vouchers in accordance with the laid down rules and regulations involving primary data entry and routine accounting work such as balancing of cashbooks, imprest and advances ledgers etc. The scope and complexity of work will increase with experience and training but the officer will still be under close guidance where new tasks are involved;
- Responsible for safe custody of records and assets under him/her.
Requirements for Appointment.
- A pass in part II of the Certified Public Accountants (CPA) Examination or its recognized equivalent qualifications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce (Accounting, Finance or Economics option), Business Administration (Accounting option) from a recognized institution or any other relevant equivalent qualifications.
Method of Application
Submit your CV, Application, certified copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, a copy of National Identity card or passport and any other supporting documents to:
County Assembly Service Board
County Assembly of Meru.
P.O Box 3-60200
Note: With regard to Chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, applicants are required to obtain and submit copies of the following certificates that should be authentic and up to date:
- Clearance certificate from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission.
- Clearance certificate from Credit Reference Bureau.
- Tax Compliance certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority.
- Certificate of good Conduct from the Department of Criminal Investigations.
- Clearance/Compliance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board.
Closing Date : 6 September. 2021