City Eye Hospital
City Eye Hospital is a social venture that provides quality and affordable eye care to people living in Kenya and is a member of the ACCESS eye hospital network in Sub-Saharan Africa. We are a dedicated, dynamic, and experienced team of eye care professionals.
We are looking forward to onboard top and unique talent to support our venture of offering unmatched eye care services in line with our core values; God, People and Excellence. We have exciting career opportunities as detailed below;
Our Ref: CEH/HR/REC/033/2021
Reporting to: Senior Accountant
Main Purpose of the Role:
Reporting to the Senior Accountant, the incumbent will be tasked to offer assistance in all accounting functions including Reconciliations (Optical, Banks and Payables).
- Performing day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording of financial data.
- Reconciling the accounts receivable ledger to ensure all payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Posting monthly journals (Accruals & Prepayments).
- Generating monthly reports: Profit and Loss Account, Balance Sheet, Trial Balance and supporting ledgers.
- Participating in the monthly and yearly stock takes.
- Performing intercompany billings and reconciliations.
- Preparing management accounts
- Preparing and participating in annual audit.
- Safeguarding of the organization’s assets and tagging of fixed assets.
- Offering accounting support to sister companies.
- Timely preparation of VAT, WVAT and Withholding taxes.
- Optical revenue daily report checking, weekly reconciliation and monthly reconciliation with the optical team.
- Timely filing of documents.
- Reconciling accounts payable transactions/ledgers.
- Performing Mpesa and Bank account reconciliations.
- Any other duty that may be assigned.
Knowledge and Experience Required
- CPA Finalist.
- Bachelor of Commerce or Business Management (Finance/Accounting Option)
- 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- ICPAK Membership shall be an added advantage
- Must be available to on- board immediately.
Key Skills and Competencies Required
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated leadership and team management skills
- Strong communication skills
- Proactive and assertive with strong relational and networking skills.
- Strong time management skills and self-motivation skills
- Able to meet strict deadlines under minimal supervision
Method of Application
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Use Accountant – CEH/HR/REC/002/2022 as the subject of the email
Closing Date : 7 January. 2022