TEN STEPS TO PREPARE FOR A JOB INTERVIEW
1. Get a copy of the most current posting and/or in-depth job description.
2. Prepare a Star story for each of the job requirements.
3. Draft answers to the most common interview questions and practice out loud.
4. Create your opening statement or the answer to “tell me about yourself “.
5. Research the company:-
(a) Google the company
(b) Company website
(c) LinkedIn company page
(d) Glass door reviews
(e) Ask your network
6. Research the people who will be interviewing you (Use linkedIn)
7.Prepare smart questions you will ask throughout the interview.
8. Know the format of the interview :-
(a) One-on-One video
(b) Group video/virtual
9. Practice interviewing on video and test your video technology.
10. Day of interview details :-
(a) Plan what you’ll wear.
(b) Have questions and resumes easily accessible.
(c) Log in 10 minutes early.
(e) Smile and look at the camera.